Trial delayed for Fairfield wife accused in husband’s stabbing death

The Reporter: Trial delayed for Fairfield wife accused in husband’s stabbing death

A trial slated to begin this week for a Fairfield woman facing charges in connection to her husband’s 2015 stabbing death was postponed until next year, the judge and attorneys agreed Tuesday in Solano County Superior Court.

At the prosecutor’s request because of a personal issue, the trial for Carissa Anne Aldrich, 39, is now set to begin Jan. 31.

Prior to postponing the trial, Judge Peter B. Foor expressed discontent toward Aldrich, who was late to her scheduled court date. Foor implied if Aldrich were late again to court, she’d be entering the courtroom from the county jail entrance rather than the main courthouse door.

“I will not tolerate you showing up when you feel like it,” Foor told Aldrich. “I don’t expect you to be late again.”

Aldrich is charged with involuntary manslaughter for her apparent role in her husband’s death.

The case against her began the morning of Oct. 25, 2015 when 911 dispatchers received a call from a woman saying she was unable to wake her husband. When authorities arrived on scene, police found Aldrich’s husband, Tim Aldrich, 45, deceased.

Throughout an investigation into the man’s death, investigators determined the man and woman had been in an argument and physical altercation prior to the stabbing. When the argument escalated and became physical, the woman’s 10-year-old son allegedly grabbed a knife from the kitchen and defended his mother by stabbing the man, police said.

Because of her alleged lack of action in the stabbing, Aldrich was arrested on charges related to the man’s death, police said at the time.

The trial is expected to last about two weeks, the judge and attorneys confirmed in Tuesday’s court discussions.

One month after the apparent stabbing on Nov. 13, 2015, Aldrich was arrested and booked into Solano County Jail and charged with manslaughter, child endangerment and destruction of evidence. The following day, she posted bail of $53,000 and was released from police custody, court records show, and remains out of jail.

Aldrich and attorneys will reappear in court next at 9:30 a.m. Jan. 31 for the jury trial.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s